There is so much that happened during the month of April. I had six books on my TBR. I had set my reading goals low for the month because my end of semester exams had been scheduled for mid-April. However, two days to exams, students went on strike and the University was closed indefinitely. That meant that I suddenly had a lot of reading time after work.
I read 13 books in April. Sadly, none of them were on my April TBR. They were all random picks.
- Anna and the French kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- Pretty Baby by Mary Kubica
- Beloved by Toni Morrisson
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
- Their Eyes were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
- Her Mother’s Hope by Francine Rivers
- Partners: A Rogue Lawyer Short Story by John Grisham
- I know why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
- This Secret We’re Keeping By Rebecca Done
Not yet Reviewed
- Where I lost her by T. Greenwoods
- You by Caroline Kepnes
- Hidden Bodies By Caroline Kepnes
April Book Awards
Best/Most interesting book– Pretty Baby by Mary Kubica
Most Challenging Book– Beloved by Toni Morrison
Saddest Book– Her Mother’s Hope by Francine Rivers
Creepiest Book– You by Caroline Kepnes(creepy but in a disturbing yet good way)
Reading Accomplishment– To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee- I finally read this classic and absolutely loved it.
Stats: I started the year with 43 followers and a total of 8,241 views. Right now my views are at 19,665 and I now have 221 followers. It may not seem like much but I am really happy about the progress made in the past 4 months.
Memes/weekly features– I have been participating in Top Ten Tuesdays, WWW Wednesday, Top 5 Wednesday and Friday Finds. The features have been so much fun and I have met quite a number of awesome bloggers through this participation.
So that’s my April wrap-up. Looking forward to enjoying this month although it seems like it will be pretty busy especially since my exams have now been rescheduled to the next two weeks.
Happy reading to you all and I hope your April was wonderful.