Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Facts about Me
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, bloggers get a topic which entails giving a list of ten things based on the topic.
July 12: Ten Facts about Me (bookish or just general about you facts or ten facts about you as a blogger…whatever you want). Here goes…
- I love buying books but I can’t remember the last time that I read a book that I bought. I always get distracted by books from the library, new releases, gifts from friends and lately, ARCs from NetGalley
- My favorite book genre is psychological thrillers though I can read any genre… well, apart from fantasy which I am yet to try.
Some More Facts
Sunset at Zanzibar
- I love traveling. If I had more money, I would travel around the world. I have visited all islands in Kenya and on my 29th birthday, I traveled across the border to Dar Es Salaam and Zanzibar(Tanzania). Most people visit the island for their honeymoons but I decided not to wait.You can read about my trip including the crazy marriage proposal from an island guy over here.
- I have tried hiking in the past but I realized that I don’t enjoy it as much as just traveling.
- I am an adrenaline junkie. I mean bungee jumping; zip lining, wild water rafting. I can’t wait to try out some paragliding and skydiving someday. The funny thing is that I had a heights phobia up to my late teens and used to get panic attacks. In my attempt to conquer the phobia, I discovered a new hobby. Now I can’t stop jumping off crazy heights lol
- I am spontaneous and I have made so many decisions that way. I got a tattoo at 22years old and I can’t really explain the decision (not that I regret it by the way), I moved into my current apartment a week after seeing it. I had no intentions of moving but I saw this new, beautiful apartment and loved the view from the balcony. I ended up losing my deposit on the old apartment but no regrets. I quit my last job and went on vacation without any backup plan. I think I am becoming less spontaneous as I grow older.
Some More Random Facts
- I love watching crime documentaries and my favorite TV channel is IDx
- I have been listening to the same kind of music since the 90s. My favorite genre is ol skool(RnB and hiphop). I also like country and some soul music.Here is a post that I did about 90S music.
- I am an introvert. I spend a lot of time alone and sometimes receiving calls makes me nervous mainly because of the expected small talk. I do chat a lot though.
- I used to love buying shoes in my 20s and at some point I had over a hundred pairs of shoes. I now have about 20 pairs of shoes only and I haven’t bought any new pair since April (they were really affordable, cute boots so it was justified).
What about you? Share the links to your TTT posts.I look forward to getting to know some facts about you.