I read ten books in August. I wasn’t able to do any more reading from August 18th because of exams.
Here are the books that I read in August.
Click on the titles to read my reviews of the next ten books.
- Someone must Die by Sharon Potts
- Missing Presumed by Susie Steiner
- Play Dead by Angela Marsons
- 2nd Sight: Capturing Insight by Ben Sharpton
- Watching Eddie by Camilla Way
- The Girls by Emma Cline
- Black Widow by Chris Brookmyre
- The Fire Child by S.K Tremayne
- SOS: Summer of St. George by Briana Gaitan
- Chosen Child by Linda Huber
Books that I plan to read in September
As I mentioned at some time back, I joined NetGalley in June and went a bit crazy with the requests. I assumed that most of them would be rejected and so I kept asking for books. In total, I requested for 34 books lol, yeah I know it is bad. 30 of them were approved in the end. However, this meant that I had a tone of ARCs to read and hardly any time to read my other books. I have read and reviewed 20 books from NetGalley so far and I hope to get through the remaining ten this month. I will try and stay away from ARCs for a while after that. So here are the 10 books that I plan to read in September:
- The Boston Strangler by Gerold Frank
- Dead and Buried by Helen H. Durant
- After She’s Gone by Lisa Jackson
- Fear Stalks the Bayou by Juanita Coulson
- Land of Carful Shadows by Suzanne Chazin
- Cover Me in Darkness by Eileen Rendahl
- The Kept Woman by Karin Slaughter
- Fractured by Catherine McKenzie
- The Last One by Alexandra Oliva
- Two Days Left by Randall Silvis
I hope that you had a wonderful month. Happy September. Cheers!
12 thoughts on “Monthly Wrap-up: August/September TBR”
Did you like The Girls? Im currently reading it.
Hey,I really liked Girls.Loved the atmospheric feel of the 60s and the protagonist.Are you done yet?I hope that you are enjoying it so far 🙂
yes I finished it a few day’s ago I really liked it.
I’m sensing a ‘missing persons’ theme? Looks like some good choices! Its easy to go crazy on Netgalley in the beginning!
My August Wrap Up .
Hey Lilyn,I hope you are getting my comments and they stopped going to spam.I just visited your post and left you a comment but not sure if it posted correctly.I learnt my lesson about NetGalley.Definitely slowing down now.Thanks for stopping by.Have a wonderful September!
They’re still going to spam, but I check it every day so it’s not a big deal 🙂
Fractured looks great, can’t wait to read your review!!!
I am done with exams now so my review will be up soon.It was quite interesting though 🙂
Hey.. Glad I found you. Was checking out your blog when I was hit with the “The site is no longer available message.” Didn’t know you had changed your URL.I like your TBR list. I could have looked for some of the books you’ve mentioned but my September list is full :-(.
Hey Nancy,yes I moved around June.I decided to change the URL since I do book blogging only now.Glad you found me:-) I get what you mean about the TBR.Mine is always overflowing but hope to read these books soon.Thanks for stopping by.Happy September!
I have Fractured on my TBR list too. I think I read a review of it on some blog and just thought I had to read it. Looking forward to reading your review on it 🙂
Hey Julianne,been a while.I hope that you will enjoy Fractured once you get to it.Thanks for stopping by.Happy new month!