I read eighteen books in September. This is the highest number of books that I have ever read in a single month. I woke up one morning and found myself with over 10 books all expiring in a period of 2 weeks so I had to be deliberate with my reading and actually create time to get through the books before expiration especially since they were ARCs for review.
Anyway, here are the books.Click on the titles to read my reviews of each book.
Source: My bookshelf
- It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover
- The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
- The Book of Memory by Petina Gappah
- Wrecked by Maria Padian
- Fractured by Catherine McKenzie
- The Last One by Alexandra Oliva
- Watching Edie by Camilla Way
- The Kept Woman by Karin Slaughter
- Fear Stalks the Bayou by Juanita Coulson
- The Boston Strangler by Gerold Frank
- Land of Careful Shadows by Suzanne Chazin
- Cover Me in Darkness by Eileen Rendahl
- Two Days Left by Randall Silvis
- Dead and Buried by Helen H. Durant
- After She’s Gone by Lisa Jackson
- The Gossip by Jane Holiday
- Pretty Wicked by Kelly Charon
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
My October TBR list has all the 9 books on my NetGalley shelf and 3 from my own bookshelf.
- Love in the time of Cholera by Grabriel Marquez
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Miracle on 5th Avenue by Sarah Morgan
- Stay with me by Adebay Ayobami
- Cruel Beautiful World by Caroline Levitt
- Safe with me by K.L Slater
- The One that got away by Melissa Pimentel
- The Girl who stole the apple by Peter Ticker
- Dark Water by Robert Bryndza
- One Christmas in Paris by Mandy Baggot
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
Reading Challenge update: My 2016 reading challenge was basically to read 50 books by the end of the year. I have read 82 books so far. God willing, I hope to reach 100 books by December. I also hope to read more diverse books and definitely, more African literature books and classics.
I hope that you had a wonderful month. Happy October. Cheers!