So Long May…
Here are a few highlights about what happened in my life in the month of May.
I finally defended my thesis proposal last Friday. My presentation didn’t go so well because I was too nervous. I sat in front of a panel of 11 and a crowd(fellow students) of about 50 and suddenly, my mind went blank. My throat felt constricted like I was struggling to get the words out. I ended up rushing through the presentation and used only 3 minutes out of the allocated 10. Luckily, my written work was good and in the end, overall feedback was also good. A few corrections to be made but I can now proceed with the data collection and analysis.
The Cliques by Diana Gitau – A few of you may know this already,I published my first book last year. There was a bit of confusion at first and I didn’t even know that the book was on sale until three months after it had hit the book stores. By then it had sold 651 copies. I felt left out and but I have now decided to take a more active role in publicizing and selling the books. I started making direct the sales in May. The publishers continue to distribute the books too so its a combined effort. I am trying to work out the publicity bit now. I will share more about the book on a post scheduled for this Sunday.
On reading, I read 8 books in May. I am still behind with my ARCs and 5 books have already been published so I need to get to them soon.
- When Light is Like Water by Molly McClouskey
- Linden Hills by Gloria Naylor
- The Girl from Tyne by Melody Sachs
- The Darkest Lies by Barbara Copperthwaite
- A Criminal Defense by William L. Myers, Jr.
- The Nazi’s Daughter by Tim Murgatroyd
- Lies by T. M Logan
- Stars Over Clear Lake by Loretta Elsworth
Books that I didn’t manage to read in May
- A Mother’s Courage by Renita D’Silva
- Teacher’s Secret by Suzanne Leal
- The Leavers by Lisa Ko
- A Negro and an Ofay by Danny Gardner
- A Daughter’s Courage by Renita D’Silva
- Justice Delayed by Marti Green
I hope to read these books alongside the June list.
On blogging– I reached 1,000 followers on wordpress this week. I am currently at 1,004. I do appreciate the fact that so many people decided to follow my blog. I wish that the interactions were more though. I think they are limited to about 30 people right now but will see what the future brings. Thank you all the follows.
I have 10 books on my June TBR right now. I hope to have more reading time in June especially since my defense is now over so I hope that I will read all these 10 and the books that I didn’t read in May. Ambitious I know but no pressure.
- Alphonse by Carl Sever
- All the Good Things by Clare Fischer
- Secrets of Southern Girls by Haley Harrigan
- Part of the Silence by Debbie Howells
- The Fourth Monkey by J.D Barker
- The Serial Killer’s Daughter by Lesley Welsh
- Liar by K.L Slater
- Two Sisters by Kerry Wilkinson
- Unsub by Meg Gardiner
- The Lost History of Stars by David Boling
I hope that you enjoyed your May. Have a wonderful new month.